Receiving a Job Offer
Being offered a job can be very exciting, but it is also important to think about the pros and cons that come with your new offer. Most companies won't expect a decision immediately, so take the opportunity to evaluate your situation. Things to consider are the company, the position and the package. Take the time to discover whether the opportunity is right for you by asking yourself a few simple questions.
• What reputation does it have in the industry?
• How long have they been established?
• Is it small, medium or large company? How many employees?
• What is the company culture like?
• What are typical projects like?
• Are the working hours suitable?
• Is it team-oriented?
• Where is it based? Does it involve increased travel or relocation?
• Are there opportunities for career development?
• What is the base salary? Is superannuation included?
• Does the role come with a company vehicle or car allowance?
• Is a bonus or commission scheme in place?
• Does the company provide a mobile phone or laptop?
• What are the holiday and sick leave entitlements?
• Does the company provide medical cover?
• Does the company have an annual salary and performance review?